Indian Keema Recipe from Prices Spices
Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 40 mins | Total: 45 mins
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
500 g Lean Minced Beef
1 Onion, finely chopped
3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tsp Ginger, finley grated 1 tbsp
Madras Curry Powder
2 Large Potatoes, chopped into 1 inch pieces
3 Carrots, chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 tbsp Tomato Purée
400 ml Vegetable Stock
½ tsp Maldon Sea Salt
Choose one of the the following
1. Heat the oil in a large pan.
2. Add the minced beef, cook until browned and break up and large chunks using a whisk or wooden spoon. Remove the meat, set aside in a clean bowl and discard any fat in the pan, wipe out the pan with kitchen paper.
3. Heat the pan again with another 1 tsp oil. Fry the onion, garlic and ginger for approximately 6 minutes.
4. Add the curry powder, potato, carrots and cook for a further 3 Minutes.
5. Stir in the tomato purée, vegetable stock and add the minced beef back to the pan.
6. Cook on a medium heat for 20 Minutes until the potatoes are tender.
7. Serve up with your favourite prices spices pickle, or perhaps both! Nice with rice and naan too!